PC and Macs are different. Some say PC's are better, some other knows that Mac is better ;)
But great softs remains great softs.
Here is a list for a good friend of mine (PC User) and for all the PC users of the best application to have for their Windows based computers (non M$ applications /most of them are available for Mac OS too).
* Internet Browser: Mozilla Firefox *. It's the safest way to browse the internet with no Spywares.
* Multi chat client (able to manage MSN, AIM, ICQ and Yahoo at the same time with a unique contact list): Trillian
* Internet Calls: Skype *
* IRC Client: mIRC
* eMail Client: Mozilla Thunderbird *
* Gnutella P2P Network: Limewire *
* BitTorrents Client: Azureus *
* MP3 Player + Jukebox + iPod synchroniser + Music Store: iTunes *
* Any format video player (avi, divx, mov etc..): VLC *
* Photo Manager and viewer: Picasa
* CD/DVD Burner: Nero
* Apple .mov and mp4 videos player: Quicktime Player (bundled with iTunes)
* Antivirus: Kaspersky
* Anti-Spyware: Ad-aware SE Personal
* Anti-Spam: NONE just a Google Mail (@gmail.com) address will do it (send me a mail requesting an invitation and I'll send you one)
* Free Office Applications (instead of M$ Office): Open Office *
* Free Widgets Manager: Yahoo! Widgets * (ex-Konfabulator)
* Free Image Editing Software: The Gimp *
* available for Mac & PC
Labels: 3rd Party Software, Microsoft
div style="position: absolute; top: 30px; left: 30px; border: solid 2px #333; color: #000; background-color: yellow; padding: 5px; width: 350px; z-index: 5;">
The M&D blog has moved! Redirecting…
You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.macamour.com/blog/ and update your bookmarks.